Magnificent Seven: Race Horse to Horse of the Year
October 30, 2015
FBEC makes Ben smile
September 25, 2015
Whippy, our Friday Pony
November 20, 2015
Great Working Bee!
December 7, 2015
Thank you for your contribution to a very successful working bee despite the sweltering conditions.
Some of the jobs completed in this working bee round:
- Bring in Dressage arena – THANKS EMILY
- bring in western patterns - Thanks COLEEN
- Scrub down entire toilet block and restock - THANKS JODIE MCLEOD
- Clean Fridge (still Halloween food in there!!) - THANKS RONNIE
- Remove coffee bush from Museum fenceline - THANKS SHAUN, ALLISON, RED, JONO.
- Clear debris and shrubs from behind stables on museum side to make sure floodwater can drain along fence rather than flooding stables - THANKS RED, HEILI, JONO, KATE, LISA, RONNIE
- load coffee bush and shrubs onto tractor, remove to mulch pile - THANKS ANNA, MICHELLE, LISA, CHRISTINA, SIMONE, DELISA
- Whipper-snipping - THANKS MIKE,
- Tidy up front fence - THANKS RONNIE, CARA, GRACE, MIKE
- tidy up roundyard area - THANKS JULIA
- Bring in and store dressage, games and jump equipment - THANKS CHRISTINA, RED & HEILI, MEL, OLIVIA, SUSANNE, ELLIE, HEATHER
- Secure front roundyard and push up stick pile - THANKS ROBERT
- Stick patrol around dressage arena and driveway paddock – THANKS OLIVIA, CHRISTINA, ROBERT, SUSANNE, HEATHER, MEL, ELLIE
- Tidy up of quad – THANKS SUE S (and TEAM), LISA
In addition Sue Samuelsson has committed to drag (poo spread) Pangola paddock and caretakers paddock this week. Allison is going to poison the Coffee Bush this week also.
Any boarding member (ie member who pays stables fees) who didn't attend or get someone to attend in their place, will be fined $50 unless they contacted the committee for an alternate job. If your name is not up here and you attended, please let us know. It is possible we missed you in the flurry of activity and new faces. If you advised the committee beforehand, and have arranged an alternative job, thank you – please let a committee member know when you have completed your task. For those who did not attend and did not advise the committee, there are several jobs that we need to do on a regular basis. Please advise the committee which one you volunteer for and when this job is completed.
And for members with a spare 10 minutes, please chip in and help keep our club looking wonderful. A printed copy of the joblist below will be put up in the shed for your reference. We are on show for the public so it's particularly important that we keep the place looking good.
Thanks again everyone.
The FBEC Committee.
FBEC Jobs List
Put bags of poo at front gate
Put out hay (Sundays, add your name to roster)
Bring in equipment
Put away chairs
Put rubbish in bin
Pick up rubbish in paddocks
Pick up sticks and branches and put in wood/mulch pile in paddock
Keep wash bay tidy
Pick up poo / spread poo in paddocks
Keep front gate area tidy (remove rubbish/weeds)
Collect empty feed bags from front gate / racecourse
Dig out drain near wash bay (this is why poo must be removed from this area not simply hosed off concrete)
Pick up poo in quad / round yard / arena
Clean toilet/bathroom (incl full hose out & scrub walls when required)
Stock toilet/bathroom (FBEC will reimburse your costs if you keep the receipts)
Clean sink near shed
Rake leaves near stables
Water trees / gardens in front of stables
Poison weeds / coffee bush / trees that have been partially removed
Remove low hanging mahogany branches, esp around arena